Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my old blog. Find my new blog!

Saturday, November 19, 2011

Scarfs


Ok, so this post is going to be totally different then any I have ever done before. I wanted to share how I did a couple of scarfs for my darling girls.

I can't really give a specific pattern because I didn't use one. I can give you the gist and you should be able to create this kind of fun for yourself or someone you love.





I used beads like the one I pictured here. I put a piece of tape on the end of the yarn and then I slid a whole bunch onto the yarn. I suppose you could do some math and figure out how many there needs to be. It is easier to work with less beads on the yarn but you also want to be sure to have enough for the whole project.

As you crochet, keep sliding the beads down the yarn. You have to work in smaller groups of beads as you slide them down. It can take a bit of time but it is well worth it.

This is basically what I did for the pink and yellow scarf. I did a chain of 16. I then did 15 singles down the chain. If you want a wider scarf I would add in increments of 5 in order to use the pattern I used, or create your own.

The next row is double then chain in every other stitch. I used the chain to tie in a bead. So it went ch 4, dc, ch around a bead, dc, ch, dc, ch around a bead, etc. ending in dc in last stitch.

The third row is ch 4, dc in sp, dc in next st, ch 1 across where bead is, dc in stitch after bead, dc in sp, dc in st, cont until the row is complete. This should create a 3 dc ch pattern across.

I repeated those two rows until I got it as long as I needed. For the last row instead of the pattern of row 3, I did singles in every st. I then put some fringe on each end.

I hope that my directions are not too confusing. It would be pretty easy to add beads to many patterns. Just choose which stitches to wrap around the bead. It can have order or be totally random. You could also use different types of beads.

I'm thinking of making a shall and putting beads in it. Sounds fun to me!

As always in love and light,

Michele


2 comments:

  1. really cute! Too bad I don't crochet. You could totally sale these on an etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete