Welcome to my blog!

Welcome to my old blog. Find my new blog!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Are you whole?

Hi,
Two weeks in a row? Good job me!

I have, of course, read a lot of books. Some of this is because I enjoy reading these books and some of this is because I have felt like I wasn't whole. One thing that has struck me more than once, it takes a bit sometimes to fully get into my head, is the thought that I am whole and always have been.

When you think about it, when we are trying to become whole, what we are often trying to do is fill some perceived hole. We have an idea of what we should be. Most often this is influenced by family, culture, and the like. We then go around seeing all the places that we aren't what we "should be". We start thinking we are broken or not whole.

Consider the possibility that you are already whole. I wasn't born the most organized person on the block, does this mean I am not whole? I think not. I have other skills that a person born organized may not have. I was made the way I am for a reason. I have skills that are needed for my life missions.

Instead of looking at myself as missing something, I should be looking at the great skills I have. It doesn't mean I can't learn new things. It does mean that if I work and work at a new skill and just can't get it then I shouldn't be beating myself up. Instead I could find a partner of some kind to do that thing.

We are whole as we are. We can grow but we do not likely have missing parts. We may be pulled towards a skill that seems hard but that in reality is a part of us we didn't know exist. We may be pulled to that really hard thing because someone gave us the idea that we have to be that way to be a good person. This is when it isn't good.

I hope I am making sense today. I don't think I have adequately addressed the subject, and hope that you take from this at least a part of what I want to express.

In love and light,
Michele Lewis

Staying true to truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment